The Taft Theatre is located at 317 East 5th St. Cincinnati, OH 45202. Click on the map for a bigger view.
Box Office Hours
Regular Box Office Hours (excluding holidays):
|Monday||11am – 2pm|
|Wednesday||11am – 2pm|
|Friday||11am – 2pm|
Directions and Parking
From The North
Take I 71 South to the 3rd St. exit.
Merge onto 3rd St.
Turn Right on Main St.
Turn Right on 5th St.
Take I 75 South to the 2nd St. exit.
Merge onto 2nd St.
Turn Left on Elm St.
Turn Right on 5th St.
From The South
Take I 71/75 North
Merge onto I 71 North as you cross the Ohio River
Exit onto 2nd St.
Turn Left on Elm St.
Turn Right on 5th St.
Take 1 471 North towards Cincinnati
Take exit 6B to merge onto 6th St.
Turn Left on Sycamore St.
Turn Left on 5th St.
Parking is available in several pay lots neighboring the Taft Theatre.
The Taft Theatre is fully equipped with ADA Accessible entrances and seating. Patrons MUST SPECIFY if they need ADA, hearing impaired, or visually impaired seating at the time of ticket purchase. A ticket will be sold in the designated ADA section on a best available basis. ADA tickets can be purchased at www.Ticketmaster.com or visit the venue box office during operating hours.
The Taft Theatre offers sign language interpretation upon request. Requests for sign language interpreting services must be received no later than 3 weeks before the event, and are subject to the availability of an interpreter. Please email email@example.com to request an interpreter.
Tickets are available online through Ticketmaster and at the Taft Theatre Box Office.
Group rates are available. Click here for Group Sales Information.
The Taft Theatre box office does not charge a service/convenience fee on cash purchases completed at the box office. Tickets purchased at the Taft Theatre box office using a credit card will incur a $2 per ticket service fee. Purchases completed through Ticketmaster's selling channels will include an additional convenience fee.
Four pack offers, vouchers, and discount/promotional tickets are not available for purchase or redemption day of performance.
There are no refunds or exchanges.
Lost, destroyed, or left behind tickets cannot be replaced.
Performance On-Sale Procedures
The box office does not change its hours of operation when there is a public onsale before the box office's open hours. Due to the volume of ticket requests on the ticketing system during the initial on sale period, patrons may only request "Best Available" seats. Patrons cannot request individual seating sections during this time period. This will permit the transaction process to move as smoothly as possible for all patrons. During ticket on sales, the box office may be limited to only selling the new event. Patrons wishing to purchase tickets to other events will be assisted as soon as possible.
Will Call Procedures
Patrons must have a picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase tickets. The box office cannot release tickets to a patron without a picture ID. The box office can only release tickets to the patron(s) named on the account. The box office does not accept will call being left by a customer for another person.
Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Taft Theatre gift certificate(s). Please find information below regarding the purchase of gift certificate(s):
Gift certificates are available in multiples of $25, $50, and $100. All gift certificates are subject to availability and expire five years from date of purchase.
Gift certificates can only be redeemed at the Taft Theatre Box Office (please see hours above) or at the Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion Box Office (please visit riverbend.org for hours). Ticketmaster cannot redeem a Taft Theatre gift certificate.
Gift certificates are valid for most Taft Theatre and Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion events. Gift certificates are not accepted for the Cincinnati Pops or Children’s Theatre performances. The Children's Theatre box office staff cannot redeem gift certificates at the Taft Theatre.
To purchase a gift certificate, CLICK HERE. A $5.00 service fee will be added to online orders. Please allow 10 business days to receive gift certificate(s) after purchasing. All online orders must be received no later than NOON on December 10, 2021 to ensure Holiday Delivery.
You may also purchase gift certificates in person at the Taft Theatre Box Office prior to December 10, 2021. There is a $2.00 per gift certificate service fee at the Box Office when using a credit or debit card.
For additional assistance regarding gift certificates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View From Seats
Click the appropriate seating location (located on your ticket) for an approximate view from your seat!
|Orch1:||Rows M-U||Rows V-BB|
|Orch2:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-V||Rows W-BB|
|Orch3:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-U||Rows V-X|
|Orch4:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-V||Rows W-BB|
|Orch5:||Rows M-U||Rows V-BB|
|Balc1:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-X|
|Balc2:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-X|
|Balc3:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-V|
|Balc4:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-V|
|Balc5:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-X|
|Balc6:||Rows A-F||Rows G-M||Rows N-S||Rows T-X|
|Box:||Box A-C||Box D-F||Box G-J||Box K-L|
Rules and Regulations
Each event may have exceptions to these policies, so be sure to check the event pages or call 513-232-6220 before attending.
In accordance with industry standards, The Taft Theatre has implemented the following building entry procedures for all events:
- Please have a valid State issued ID ready to show at the entrance if you are over 21 and plan on visiting the bar.
- All jackets and bags will be searched upon entry. Purses, diaper bags and other small personal bags are allowed, but will be inspected at the entrance.
- No large bags or backpacks are allowed in the building without prior authorization.
All guests entering the theatre are subject to a metal-detector screening by way of walk-thru magnetometer and/or wand, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Taft Theatre personnel. We ask that you please...
- Arrive early and be prepared for additional security measures.
- Limit items brought to the building.
- Be prepared to pass through the screening process. This will consist of a bag check as well as passing through the magnetometers. Be prepared to empty pockets BEFOREHAND.
- Cameras with long or detachable lenses (cameras small enough to fit in a shirt pocket are allowed)
- Audio Recording
- Video Recording
- Glass/Metal Containers
- Backpacks or Large Bags
- Weapons of any kind including pocket knives of any size
- Tools (wrenches, pliers, etc.)
- Beverages or Food of any kind
- Glow Sticks
- Aerosol Spray Cans
- Laser Pointers
- Pets - except Service Animals
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Taft Theatre management
*Subject to change at the discretion of Taft Theatre or Tour management at any time.
Guests may be ejected for reasons including, but not limited to, the following-
- Failure to follow Taft Theatre Smoking Policies
- Public intoxication
- Use of illegal substances or drugs
- Disruptive behavior
- Use of profane, obscene or abusive language of any type
- Possession of illegal or unauthorized items inside the theatre
- Unacceptable or indecent dress
- Throwing of any objects onto the stage area, or in the seating area
- Verbally abusing, threatening or intimidating performers, other guests or Taft Theatre employees
- Participating in a fight
- Entering or attempting to enter "Authorized Personnel Only" areas such as the stage area, backstage, behind points of sales, or restrooms of the opposite sex
- Breaking the law
- Any action that, in the opinion of the Taft Theatre management, places other guests in danger or reduces their enjoyment of the event
Guests that are ejected from the facility may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
The Taft Theatre is a smoke-free facility.
Please apply via our online employment application to be considered for current employment opportunities.